Sunday 28 March 2010

Kimmie Rhodes - Angels Get The Blues

Kimmie Rhodes
Angels Get The Blues
1989

Angels Get The Blues is a bit of a mixed bag. Some of the bluesy workouts get a little trying but when Kimmie sings her own songs it is enough to make a tired heart sing. The title track, I Just Drove By and Just One Love are as good as it ever gets.

1. Angels Get The Blues
2. Invitation To The Blues
3. Just One Love
4. It'll Be Me
5. I Know One
6. Little Jole Blon
7. I Just Drove By
8. Baby
9. Sugar Bee
10. Caterpillar
11. Trying For My Heart

Link

2 comments:

  1. This has the makings of a really good blog - I'll be returning often.
    I have this on CD on the Zippo/Heartland label. Do you have any of her earlier albums like Kimmie Rhodes & The Jackalope Brothers? Good stuff, but very hard to find nowadays.

    Joe in Dublin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Man In The Moon and will upload in the near future (hopefully). Not got the Jackalope Brothers sadly. Thanks for your comment - please keep visiting!

    ReplyDelete